Multiplex: What's New | Site Map | Community | News My Multiplex Account | Sign In 
in Search

A defect is a treasure

Last post 03-02-2007, 5:36 AM by Daibhidh. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  02-21-2007, 3:57 AM 19537

A defect is a treasure

I heard the CEO of Jet Blue speak on more than one occasion this week, and he was saying exactly what Fred Kofman was teaching at I-I. I guess JetBlue is integral?

Dear JetBlue Customers,

We are sorry and embarrassed. But most of all, we are deeply sorry.

Last week was the worst operational week in JetBlue’s seven year history. Many of you were either stranded, delayed or had flights cancelled following the severe winter ice storm in the Northeast. The storm disrupted the movement of aircraft, and, more importantly, disrupted the movement of JetBlue's pilot and inflight crewmembers who were depending on those planes to get them to the airports where they were scheduled to serve you. With the busy President’s Day weekend upon us, rebooking opportunities were scarce and hold times at 1-800-JETBLUE were unusually long or not even available, further hindering our recovery efforts.

Words cannot express how truly sorry we are for the anxiety, frustration and inconvenience that you, your family, friends and colleagues experienced. This is especially saddening because JetBlue was founded on the promise of bringing humanity back to air travel, and making the experience of flying happier and easier for everyone who chooses to fly with us. We know we failed to deliver on this promise last week.

We are committed to you, our valued customers, and are taking immediate corrective steps to regain your confidence in us. We have begun putting a comprehensive plan in place to provide better and more timely information to you, more tools and resources for our crewmembers and improved procedures for handling operational difficulties. Most importantly, we have published the JetBlue Airways Customer Bill of Rights – our official commitment to you of how we will handle operational interruptions going forward – including details of compensation. We invite you to learn more at jetblue.com/promise.

You deserved better - a lot better - from us last week and we let you down. Nothing is more important than regaining your trust and all of us here hope you will give us the opportunity to once again welcome you onboard and provide you the positive JetBlue Experience you have come to expect from us.

Sincerely,

David Neeleman
    Founder and CEO

JC
    33° 13' N 87° 37' W
    • Post Points: 20
    • Report abuse
  •  03-02-2007, 5:36 AM 19869 in reply to 19537

Re: A defect is a treasure

I would certainly say, judging from the correspondence above, that JetBlue are integral.  At the very least, they are making every attempt to make themselves more so -and that is marvelous.  I have never seen a business to customer dialogue quite like this. 
    • Post Points: 5
    • Report abuse
View as RSS news feed in XML
 © Integral Institute, 2024. all rights reserved - powered by enlight™ email this page del.icio.us | terms of service | privacy policy | suggestion box | help