Multiplex: What's New | Site Map | Community | News My Multiplex Account | Sign In 
in Search

The Needs line - what do we need to develop healthfully, and when do we need it?

Last post 03-11-2007, 3:51 PM by randomturtle. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-09-2007, 7:33 AM 20381

The Needs line - what do we need to develop healthfully, and when do we need it?

As a teacher, and someone who's generally interested in supporting healthy development for a wide range of different levels, states, and types.  And I've been trying to find answers to my questions about what sorts of things we need to not only be healthy wherever we are, but also pave the way to be healthy as we grow and develop.  Obviously I-I has been working hard on this also, and come up with the ILP kit, which focuses on general exercises that we can do to strengthen our body, mind, and spirit (in self, culture, and nature).  And that's been a real inspiration to me. 

In addition, I've been working on bringing more clarity to the needs line, since the specific needs at each level are obviously a crucial part of healthy development, too.

And here's what I've come up with:

http://www.thewiseturtle.com/images/Cronburg_Maslow_Needs.jpg

It's definitely a work in progress, and there are lots of questions that I've still got.  And the diagram is probably a little confusing (since I'm a little confused!), but I think it's a good starting place for some real collaborative refinement.  If we can sort out the needs for each level of development, we will not only have a roadmap for what Integral humanity looks like, but also directions for the shortest distance from point A to point B.  Imagine a Google map for your life!

So help me out here.  Let me know what you think.  What works?  What doesn't?  And what's just completely unitelligible?

Thanks!

Peace, Love, and Bicycles,
    Turtle

• Post Points: 20
    • Report abuse
  •  03-09-2007, 7:25 PM 20411 in reply to 20241

• leggomyego is not online. Last active: 03-09-2007, 9:18 PM leggomyego
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-17-2006
    • Posts 7
    • Points 95

Re: The Needs line - what do we need to develop healthfully, and when do we need it?

where ( and what) is yellow?
    • Post Points: 20
    • Report abuse
  •  03-11-2007, 3:51 PM 20491 in reply to 20241

Re: The Needs line - what do we need to develop healthfully, and when do we need it?

I'm not exactly sure what you are asking.  In Spiral Dynamics tradition Yellow is the name of the level that Ken Wilber calls Teal.  While the use of the color yellow is missing from Ken's levels.  I, for one miss it!

-Turtle
    • Post Points: 5
    • Report abuse
View as RSS news feed in XML
 © Integral Institute, 2024. all rights reserved - powered by enlight™ email this page del.icio.us | terms of service | privacy policy | suggestion box | help