Multiplex: What's New | Site Map | Community | News My Multiplex Account | Sign In 
in Search

" Have you Seen the Rainbow "

Last post 06-04-2007, 6:37 AM by ZenomOne. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  06-02-2007, 7:53 PM 23863

• ZenomOne is not online. Last active: 06-21-2007, 1:51 PM ZenomOne
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-10-2007
    • Posts 31
    • Points 590

" Have you Seen the Rainbow "

Hi All - smile :

Just of of curiosity & fun - So I Googled some of the univeral words  to have some senses of "State of Being of the World" . Here are some results :

- Life      851 million (M)      Death   357 M

- Peace   181 M                     War      552 M

- Love     855 M                     Hate     230 M

- God      349 M                     Evil      155 M

- Good   1170 M                     Bad      495 M

- Heart      377 M                     Mind   373 M

- Power      767 M                  Money   592 M

- Light         530 M                  Dark      270 M

- Goethe      24 M                  Newton   65 M

- Color 484M -Red 626M-Blue 508M -Yellow 254M 

- White      668 M                  Black      701 M 

- Rainbow   75 M                  Integral   145 M

- "meaning of integral"                  13,100

- "meaning of rainbow"                     3070

- " Have you Seen the Rainbow "   14,700

I find that interesting - Don't you think ?

Cheers

• Post Points: 20
    • Report abuse
  •  06-03-2007, 6:29 PM 23896 in reply to 23863

Re: " Have you Seen the Rainbow "

Hey that's pretty interesting. But... what the hell were 3070 people doing googling "meaning of rainbow"?!

"Like the legendary Ko-ko bird, we follow our own tail around in ever-narrowing circles, but unlike that mythic bird we never complete the process by flying up our own rectums and disappearing."
    -Robert Anton Wilson
    • Report abuse
  •  06-03-2007, 7:29 PM 23900 in reply to 23896

• Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-10-2007
    • Posts 31
    • Points 590

Smile :

" what the hell were 3070 people doing googling "meaning of rainbow?!"

Not sure - but hell is attractive though !

btw:

dog    256 Million hits

non-dual   284,000 (again, not sure of the meaning - "no choice" i guess)

Cheers

PS. if you don't see the rainbow, what color do you see then ?

• Report abuse
  •  06-03-2007, 9:34 PM 23908 in reply to 23900

PS. if you don't see the rainbow, what color do you see then?

I'm not exactly sure, but I suspect that the color I see changes drastically depending on where I am, what i'm doing, and who is (or is not) around me. One of these days i'm gonna take the test on Susanne-Cook-Greuters website and find out for sure!

-g

"Like the legendary Ko-ko bird, we follow our own tail around in ever-narrowing circles, but unlike that mythic bird we never complete the process by flying up our own rectums and disappearing."
    -Robert Anton Wilson
    • Report abuse
  •  06-04-2007, 1:00 AM 23925 in reply to 23908

Ah, Susan has a rainbow tests, smiles?  I'm in search of the rainbow tests.  Could we possible replace standarized testing with a rainbow?  I really don't know what that means, but surely an OM to atest to?

How many hits does vicarious get?  (TOOL in my inner ear.)  I think this is very interesting, as I have looked up some of those very words, my self...

I met a women today in the coffee loby working on a disertation for her PHD on anologies in the English language during the year 920AD.  Smiles, she was shocked that I spoke to her at all as I asked if I could join her while I drank my own cup of coffee, come to find out that she rarely ever speaks to anyone, because she only knows 1.5 people who understand what she attempting to do, and I smiled and said maybe we can make that 2.5.  Her name is Rebeca, and she shared a line to me which is important, but has slipped the mind today, but I know I will see her there again looking for me, it's exciting, smiles, hmm how to introduce her to AQAL, surely it will come up all of its own accord, as I detatch myself from the outcome.  ( That became a much longer shared communication then intended...)

eros y agape
    May we all see the rainbow in the clear white light that illuminates the darkness...
    jess

Phoenix Rising Higher
    • Report abuse
  •  06-04-2007, 6:37 AM 23935 in reply to 23925

• Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-10-2007
    • Posts 31
    • Points 590

Hi All, smiles :

Just wetting my taste bud of "Rainbow Tests" in The Journey of Infinity Mile - in the words of James Burk - About "Yesterday, Tomorrow and You" then "several choices, but in the end it only makes sense to continue on " !!!

http://www.palmersguide.com/jamesburke/billotto_con1.html

Here are some :

- "The Human Growth Continuum" by Hugh & Amalia Kaye Martin : The world is made up of two kinds of people – the few who grow, and the many who don’t

http://www.integralworld.net/?news.html

- "ARRAYS OF LIGHT  - Ken Wilber's Tables of Correspondence " by Hugh and Kaye Martin : Ken Wilber's Tables represent the distilled essence of his work. In them, he delineates the entire sequence of development, applicable to every process of human growth. Then, he demonstrates plausibly how dozens of authorities, in broadly diverse fields, all define and elucidate some aspect of that great sequence. Where else does he summarize his whole system of human development so tangibly, so comprehensively, so succinctly, so convincingly?

- "Derrida and NonDuality - On the Possible Shortcomings of Nondual Spirituality " by Gregory Desilet  : Ken Wilber's interest in postmodern theory derives in part from his thoroughness in attending to all the philosophical and spiritual threads historically influential in cultures around the world but also in good part from the fact that postmodernism presents a penetrating and relentless critique of metaphysical tradition. Since this metaphysical tradition has been mightily influenced by spiritual traditions, religion has been no less a target of postmodern critique than philosophy. And among philosophers placed in the postmodern bin, Jacques Derrida emerges as probably the most rigorous, original, prolific, and broadly influential theorist (Not sure what it is - dedicated to livingegg)

- " INTEGRAL WITH A TWIST INTEGRAL PSYCHOLOGY VS. HUMANISTIC PSYCHOLOGY "  by Elliot Benjamin : In one of my recent articles, “Wilber Vs. Schneider: Transpersonal Vs. Existential” [1], I described the debate between transpersonal and existential psychology in the late 1980s, which has continued in full force into the first decade of the 21st century. Closely related to existential psychology is humanistic psychology, largely based upon the idealistic and life affirming visions of uplifting human growth potential initially described by Carl Rogers and Abraham Maslow in the 1950s and 1960s [2]. However, it can be argued that contemporary humanistic psychology incorporates and assimilates both existential and transpersonal psychology, as well as seemingly much further removed fields of psychology such as psychodynamic, cognitive, and behavior psychology (tumbled over jess's existential word, smile)

- " Collaborative Knowledge Building and Integral Theory On Perspectives, Uncertainty, and Mutual  Regard " by  Tom Murray : With the founding of the Integral Institute and its satellite organizations, integral theory moves further from "the world of Ken Wilber" and progressively toward a community knowledge building endeavor. The most recent version of Wilber's AQAL theory (phase "Wilber-V") emphasizes multiple perspectives and multiple knowledge building methodologies. This points to an important and, I think, necessary turn in the evolution of integral theory, which heretofore has primarily focused on the task of articulating models, "orienting generalizations," or meta-models describing "what is" (or what seems to be the case), toward an exploration and articulation of method itself—"how we (can) know what is." This turn constitutes a greater emphasis on epistemology vs. ontology—i.e. on the nature of knowledge vs. the nature of "reality" (though integral theory has always concerned itself with both). - rather dry to digest but if you don't mind

Cheers

• Post Points: 5
    • Report abuse
View as RSS news feed in XML
 © Integral Institute, 2024. all rights reserved - powered by enlight™ email this page del.icio.us | terms of service | privacy policy | suggestion box | help