Multiplex: What's New | Site Map | Community | News My Multiplex Account | Sign In 
in Search

Question please for anyone

Last post 12-30-2007, 9:02 PM by greenwoods. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  06-21-2007, 1:51 PM 24734

Question please for anyone

Hi,  I have listed somewhere from Integral talks 10 things to practice:

1. Genorosity

2. Ethics

3. Patience

4.Heroic Effort

5. MIndfulness

6.Wisdom

7.Skillful Means

8.Spiritual Aspirations

9.HIgher Accomplishments

10. Awakened Awareness

Does anyone know if you are supposed to practice them in order or all at once?

Also, I have been going down the list one at a time, and am at number 4 which is Heroic Effort.  Can anyone tell me what that means, and maybe give an example?

Thanks, lizzie

•  06-21-2007, 1:57 PM 24735 in reply to 24734

Re: Question please for anyone

Hi Lizzie,

You can read all about those 10 practices in the book by Lama Surya Das called, "Buddha is as Buddha Does: The Ten Original Practices for Enlightened Living."

-Jeffrey

•  06-21-2007, 2:43 PM 24737 in reply to 24735

Thank you Jeffrey!
  •  12-30-2007, 9:02 PM 35260 in reply to 24734

Heroic Effort is simply giving your best effort in each moment given what you know at the time.  Therefore, I would imagine that using your heart as your guide would be very key; which simply means take all the information that you have available and make a decision knowing that we are all imperfect and thus our desired results will most likely be imperfect.  If you can accept having imperfect results from imperfect actions, but yet you continue to make decisions based on your heart; then you are making the heroic effort.  Of course in giving your best effort it is useful not to lose the forest from all those trees!  Remember to dance and be merry.

:) MUCH LOVE (:
View as RSS news feed in XML
 © Integral Institute, 2024. all rights reserved - powered by enlight™ email this page del.icio.us | terms of service | privacy policy | suggestion box | help