Multiplex: What's New | Site Map | Community | News My Multiplex Account | Sign In 
in Search

How do you access the weekly Audio dialogues?

Last post 07-09-2007, 2:58 PM by plrday. 20 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (21 items)   1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  06-07-2007, 10:23 AM 24135

How do you access the weekly Audio dialogues?

Ladies and Gentlemen,
    Freaks and Geeks,
    Ectomorphs, Endomorphs, and Mesomorphs:

I just wanted to give y'all a heads up and let you know that this weekend I will be eliminating the Real Player from the audio streaming options on Integral Naked.  We don't get very much RP use, and it adds an extra burden onto my already-chaotic Sunday night launches, so it seems to make sense to kill this format altogether.  But before i did, i wanted to bring the conversation to you guys, just to see if there are any strong objections for any reason.  Of course, your potential objections won't necessarily change my mind, but we shall see [;-)]

Do any of you use Real Player to listen to our audio?  If so, why?  Does it have some perceived advantage over mp3- and windows media streams?  How many of you stream audio to begin with, rather than download?

I admit my bias here: i f#@&ing hate Real Player, think it's the scourge of online media delivery, and for the life of me can't figure out why anyone still uses it.  I can also understand any antipathy one might have towards Windows Media Player as well, but even that is way less of a mess than Real Player.  Besides, everyone should be just using mp3's anyway, which can be played using ANY media player.  Down with obnoxiously-proprietary audio formats!!

What format do you use to access our weekly audio dialogues?

• Windows Media Stream (35.7%)
    • Real Media Stream (35.7%)
    • MP3 Stream (0%)
    • MP3 Download (28.6%)
    • Total Votes: 14

Corey W. deVos (dj rekluse)
    Brand Manager, Integral Naked
    Audio Manager, Integral Institute
    Managing Editor, KenWilber.com
  •  06-07-2007, 10:37 AM 24136 in reply to 24135

• rollie is not online. Last active: 02-02-2008, 5:28 AM rollie
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2006
    • Boulder, CO and Alberta, Canada
    • Posts 141
    • Points 5,510

Re: How do you access the weekly Audio dialogues?

Duderometer,

Like, I TOTALLY use RealMedia.  It's a sentimental thing - brings me back to the summer of '03 and those first dialogues...;-)

rollie

~Rollie @ ISC
    • Post Points: 20
    • Report abuse
  •  06-07-2007, 10:41 AM 24137 in reply to 24136

Ah, so you are the one!  Tell me, how is life in the technological backwaters, anyway?  Those ZIP drives still holding up for ya?

•  06-09-2007, 1:37 PM 24282 in reply to 24137

So i take it from lack of votes and posts in this thread that no one has any major objections to my killing Real Media this weekend...??

•  06-09-2007, 2:14 PM 24288 in reply to 24282

I am so sad! I have a bunch of fans who call in every week when it doesn't work. What will I do without them... oh yeah, get some work done  : (
    • Post Points: 35
    • Report abuse
  •  06-09-2007, 2:25 PM 24290 in reply to 24288

I wonder if people are actually unsure of what they use. Ya know, becasue I just had to really think about this. It's windows media that I use. Yeah Real Media . . . that's pretty much crap isn't it? Does anyone use that company that's probably now bankrupt? Alas, sometime you just have to go ahead with some forced evolution. Even if the old ways can be sentimental.

When are the dialogs coming out on 8-track tape? Can't wait.

Is there a plan for I-I to finally start using smoke signals? I keep lookin' out  . . .

"With whom or with what are you in communion at this moment?"
    . . ."I?" he replied, almost mechanically. "Why not with anyone or anything."
    "You must be a marvel . . . if you are able to continue in that state for long."
    -Constantin Stanislavsky
    • Post Points: 35
    • Report abuse
  •  06-10-2007, 6:06 AM 24341 in reply to 24290

I am one of those unsure ones.  Don't have an mp3 player (yet), use both Windows Media and Real Player to listen to dialogues.  Real Player is the only way to listen to the concalls that I know of (I think!).  Would that still be available?  I'm all for a  bit of forced evolution--but not being able to listen to the live concalls Crying [:'(]Broken Heart [U].  Guess I'd better start comparison shopping for that newfangled technology!

Now for something completely different and off topic--I've been meaning to send you a note Corey, to see  if you could possibly quaff into online existance the video of Ken at Bank Street College on September 10, 2024.  That would be absolutely delightful!!

Deep bow, much love, and all that crap,

Chris

PS--things are really looking good around here--thanks for everythingBig Smile [:D]

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it
    • Report abuse
  •  06-10-2007, 2:19 PM 24364 in reply to 24341

Actually, the live streaming calls (i assume you mean ISC and AQAL Journal calls) use Windows Media Player, not Real Player, so you should be fine there.

Also, for the record, you don't need an mp3 player (such as an iPod or, if you are kind of weird, a Microsoft Zune) to play mp3 files.  The great thing about mp3's are that they are completely open, meaning you can play them on ANY media player, whether Real Media Player, Windows Media Player, iTunes, WinAmp, etc.

Finally, i am not sure which video series you are referring to--where is Bank Street College?  Is that from Ken's trip to New York last year?  I am not sure what our video department has recorded from that event.....

•  06-10-2007, 4:23 PM 24373 in reply to 24290

timelody:

Is there a plan for I-I to finally start using smoke signals? I keep lookin' out  . . .

Well, we are unfortunately still struggling to get our RSS feed (Realtime Smoke Signal) properly set up, might take just a little while longer.  However, we now proudly stand at the cutting edge of mid-ninteenth century media technology, as evidenced by this audio file of Ken's recent Integral Politics essay....

•  06-10-2007, 5:03 PM 24374 in reply to 24288

lindsey:
    I am so sad! I have a bunch of fans who call in every week when it doesn't work. What will I do without them... oh yeah, get some work done  : (

Lindsey, dear, they aren't calling for tech support. They'll think of another reason...

Liz

Upgrade to ISC!
    http://integralinstitute.org/public/static/multispirit.aspx
    http://pods.zaadz.com/ii
    • Post Points: 5
    • Report abuse
  •  06-11-2007, 12:30 AM 24391 in reply to 24373

morse:
    Realtime Smoke Signal

damnit! one more thing i've forgotten--pretty much, anyway. i still remember 'di di di, dah dah dah, di di di' from boy scouts, but that didn't get me very far into the sophisticated world of integral politics.

• Report abuse
  •  06-11-2007, 8:48 AM 24405 in reply to 24391

Arthur:

Usually I download the mp3s, put them on a player, and listen while I go about my day.  For some reason I can't seem to do that with the Robb Smith interview - what's up with that?  It seems to only want to let me listen while tied to a computer using Quicktime...which is highly inconvenient. 

Also, the link to the Cook-Greuter article from the latest What's New page is linking to one of the Bergt talks.

arthur

Upgrade to ISC!
    http://integralinstitute.org/public/static/multispirit.aspx
    http://pods.zaadz.com/ii
    • Report abuse
  •  06-11-2007, 11:32 AM 24410 in reply to 24405

Yeah what's up with the new video? I was able to download it by right clicking the link and saving it though. I think the Susanne problem is being fixed too...
    • Report abuse
  •  06-11-2007, 1:00 PM 24412 in reply to 24410

Arthur--not sure why you couldn't download the Robb Smith mp3--you do see the link underneath the flash player that reads "right click here to download" right?  Works for me....

Lindsey, what do you mean about this week's video?

•  06-11-2007, 1:07 PM 24413 in reply to 24412

It works, it is just different. I can't handle change! ><

• Report abuse
Page 1 of 2 (21 items)   1 2 Next >
View as RSS news feed in XML
 © Integral Institute, 2024. all rights reserved - powered by enlight™ email this page del.icio.us | terms of service | privacy policy | suggestion box | help