Multiplex: What's New | Site Map | Community | News My Multiplex Account | Sign In 
in Search

Aesthetics/Art practise as a developmental line

Last post 08-29-2007, 4:24 AM by philosophia. 0 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  08-29-2007, 4:24 AM 27830

• philosophia is not online. Last active: 09-08-2007, 1:57 AM philosophia
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-23-2006
    • London
    • Posts 2
    • Points 10

Aesthetics/Art practise as a developmental line

Greetings,

I’ve downloaded everything in Integral Art and I am a great fan of Mathew Dallman writings in the area of art. Though since he is not a visual artist , somethings I miss out on.

Could anyone  point me in any direction that might be helpful and I’ll use two artists to illustrate my points, Mathew Barney and the Cremaster cycle and the painter Anslem kiefer.

About me, an artist, returned  to University as a mature student and expect to go all the way up to a PhD in some form of art practise as research, research as art practise.

I have also been looking through and working with the ILP kit and I realised, core practices not withstanding the strongest developmental line for me is aesthetic/cognitive. I have also looked at all of Abigail Hausman work to date in the area.

If the humanities in academia are a bit of mess, what can one say about the art/art critical theory  departments?

I was wondering at the application of Aqal to understand  the person as artist and the artefact of the person -the art object, image or event and then how that artefact operates within culture –the art worlds.Barneys Cremaster Series and Kiefers paintings both as process, expression and artifact amaze me.

I am also looking for a way, to begin structuring a developmental sequence of projects that tie in with and are an expression of what would have otherwise been a path of philosophical or contemplative enquiry.

There is more, but I’ll stop here. I suppose I am also asking what artists, art critics and art historians are using integral methodologies and how might an aesthetic line of development be structured?  

Augustina
    • Post Points: 5
    • Report abuse
View as RSS news feed in XML
 © Integral Institute, 2024. all rights reserved - powered by enlight™ email this page del.icio.us | terms of service | privacy policy | suggestion box | help