Multiplex: What's New | Site Map | Community | News My Multiplex Account | Sign In 
in Search

a Dawkins moment...

Last post 11-18-2007, 6:51 PM by vulgan. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  11-16-2007, 10:58 AM 31981

a Dawkins moment...

one of my friends returned from a rugby tournament in bangcock.  he explained that almost all of the other rugby teams had a religious belief... and when they were giving their speeches every team did a salute to their particular... bullshit.......  my friend becoming infuriated with everyones...bullshit...finally got his turn on the stage, and preached atheism!

"In Margaret River WE don't believe in God.   Relgion is the CAUSE of the worlds problems... etc,.... FUCK RELIGION!"........

he called it "A Dawkins Moment".   guess it isn't any wonder his team were arrested for other reasons by the end of their stay.   :)

x23.zaadz.com
    • Post Points: 20
    • Report abuse
  •  11-16-2007, 11:59 AM 31983 in reply to 31981

Re: a Dawkins moment...

for him it is natural to equate Logic to (subject) Matter...... and it is this narrowness of Logic that makes it difficult for him and others to seperate the "baby from the bathwater", seperating False from True Religion and also just a semantic confusion over the words god and spiritual... their minds aren't Logically as flexible as the introverted and abstract thinkers.   Logic means Empiricism.

anyway that day he had his materialistic bias, and somewhere in the conversation my logical bias also found a soapbox for itself.   i was questioning the lack of a voice preaching pure logic.   why learning isn't the first thing we are taught.   how far can we be from animals if we can't even think correctly. why give us the theories if we don't even know the logical process of intelligence.   how much faster we could go if we had only mastered Logic. the mind is not meant to be stumbling through the process of learning and memorizing, it is meant to be alive and flexible and conscious of itself. this was largely imaginitive because i am no master over my mental and logical processes at all, i just have to wonder why we haven't tackled the issue of pure logic as the core solution to the rest of our confusions and problems in this world.

the more i carried on the more i "sided with myself".   so, thoughts of Contradiction arose.  the integration of Ideas.  the integration of Logic with Animal.  the integration of vegetarianism with Animal!..... ( i am a vegetarian.)..... and how appealing a Contradiction is to me as a concept, and yet to hold onto yourself as that Logic you are fighting against a Contradiction more than the integration of ideas, the natural-ness of integrating with your whole being, animal and logical.

everybody who is my friend eats meat.   they forget to wash their hands, touch my plates and cups....and on this very same day i had gone into one of my "I'm about to have a fit." lapses in reason.   if any of you heard the mp3 i linked, about my reaction to having a knife drop on the floor, you'd know what i'm talking about. the grossness of life overwhelms me. (everybody elses)

but i have been a vegetarian my life, and always known meat eaters.   i have never felt i belonged entirely to any group, and vegetarians annoy me as a health fantatical environmentalist subculture so i'm not drawn there either, and have always had to have a kind of beyond-myself tolerance to other ways of living, other "reality-tunnels".   until that day!!!   the lesson for me was that contrary elements of the world, and within ourself, are natural and to stand up for one small corner of onself is a denial of the greater order......but if we never stood up for particular elements of society, of ourself, in rebellion... we would be overcome by the rest of the god damned world.  there is a time to preach and a time to "hate every motherfucker that is in your way"..... my friend at heart knows the naivity of partial fixations, but it was a  laugh and i'm proud of it!

x23.zaadz.com
    • Post Points: 5
    • Report abuse
  •  11-18-2007, 6:13 PM 32085 in reply to 31981

Vulgan, got your message to read your thread and  I get that you choose to enjoy some competiton and some " lets get it on " experiences like I do.. Thanks for the heads up.  Yes, what originally caught my attention when I first started reading Wilber  was he was not afraid to mix it up, and  at least in my reading of his work , here was a man talking spiritual concepts that brought forth some muscle and kick ass language.  I trully felt empowered as a man,  .  After reading my fair share of new age stuff  it was refreshing to know God has some space for the male species.
    Bill Kilburg,
    • Post Points: 20
    • Report abuse
  •  11-18-2007, 6:51 PM 32086 in reply to 32085

yes i get ya.  although for me it was his neat little box drawings and stuff, in a spiritual magazine! (WIE), that turned me onto him.  wow this guy is actually trying to think, and draw boxes and stuff, how refreshing.

then to read his boomer bashing, is good to see, despite the side effects.

standing up for something... is funny in a way because anyone who stands up can be knocked down, by a joke.  yet it has to happen, even if you are so transcendent to that reactionary cock fight for your say against their say, which the wiser seem to be, the world needs ya even if it's only a puppet you show.

x23.zaadz.com
    • Post Points: 5
    • Report abuse
View as RSS news feed in XML
 © Integral Institute, 2024. all rights reserved - powered by enlight™ email this page del.icio.us | terms of service | privacy policy | suggestion box | help