Multiplex: What's New | Site Map | Community | News My Multiplex Account | Sign In 
in Search

Energy Patterns in 'We' Space

Last post 11-29-2007, 8:09 PM by mcenter. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  11-21-2007, 8:41 AM 32228

Energy Patterns in 'We' Space

Hi All,

The ‘we’ space, as KW likes to call it, often appears to be as mysterious as it is occasionally wonderful; the inquiring minds of those interested in conscious living may wonder if it is possible to map the energy patterns formed within it?

There is a new book out that addresses this question, authored by Stephen Arroyo, it’s titled, “Person-to-person astrology, energy factors in love, sex and compatibility”.

But before being spooked by the “A” word (shh…astrology!), a few words are in order. When it comes to astrology, or as i like to call it the Ancient Craft, folks tend to fall into two camps; those who think it can do less than of what it is capable, and those who think it can do more. Much rarer is someone who's actually studied this subject and has come to some realistic notions of its capacities; Stephen Arroyo is one such. So in spite of the fact it's been years since i bought an astrology book his name on something new got me to Amazon.com, and a few days and bucks later i have a copy in hand.

Here's a sample from the text that gives clues to his view point. “… sexual compatibility or incompatibility essentially emanates from the energy attunement of the individuals involved.  Such a view is quite incomprehensible to therapists and “researchers” who insist on viewing sex as primarily a mechanical function (although they do admit it has some emotional overtones). This depersonalization of sex, and the accompanying separation of sex from the cosmic dance of life -which should be seen more as a religious experience than as a mechanistic experience- naturally leads to human beings who have sexual problems being treated in a mechanical way, and often with an overlay of extraneous intellectual analysis. The saddest part of this practice is that such treatment often tends in the long run to aggravate the original problem, for the person is encouraged to become even more of a disembodied self.” (emphases in the original)

Arroyo enters this thorny thicket via the four elements: earth, air, fire, and water, calling them the energy substance of experience. I remember gaining a deeper appreciation of these four when decades ago reading a book about Tibet. It's a mountainous, land-locked, often arid country, factors which contributed to an unorthodox method of dealing with the remains of the dead.  Rocky ground meant that common burial didn't work, burial at sea was out of the question, and as yak dung was the fuel of common use, cremation was ruled out too. That's when i read about the body breakers, where corpses were chopped up and the flesh fed to the birds. Yikes, a light went off in my head! AIR BURIAL! Earth air fire water took on new meaning.

The text puts emphasis on placements of the Sun Moon Mars Venus and the ascendant in a well-timed birth chart; outlining how these sensitized points are affected by the four elements; skillfully relating them to psychological tendencies that develop from our predispositions that such charts imply.

The reader is taken to depths rarely found in the surveys and silliness of popular culture; Arroyo’s astrological lens brings focus to:

• An understanding of compatibility at many specific levels

• Methods for identifying a person whose energy attunement is complementary to one's own

• Deeper insight into why one feels and thinks and needs as one does

No single book can fully explore the vast range of energy pattern exchange that takes place in ‘we’ space; but as introduction Arroyo’s latest text does an admirable job. I'm happy to recommend it; and for the record i have no financial interest in the matter.

Frankly i’d like to see what he has to say about one of my pet theories, where relationships are treated as entities. Astrology has a surprisingly simple technique that allows this to be done. Simply put, chart A is added to chart B, and these sums are then divided by two, producing chart C that forms a map of likely energy exchanges common to the relationship.

Warmly,

Charles

88W18'28" 41N58'02"  

• Post Points: 20
    • Report abuse
  •  11-23-2007, 4:29 PM 32385 in reply to 32228

Re: Energy Patterns in 'We' Space

soto
    "Ω =∞x∞^∞" - Wayne Teasdale
    • Report abuse
  •  11-23-2007, 5:32 PM 32390 in reply to 32385

Happy Friday,

Soto?!  A quick Google search responds with 23,000,000 entries to the term. If i had to pick from them i’d probably go for Soto, which along with Rinzai are the two main schools in Zen; but then maybe you had something less cryptic in mind.

Warmly,

Charles

88W18'28" 41N58'02"

• Report abuse
  •  11-29-2007, 8:09 PM 32721 in reply to 32390

sweete shade of Black

Know the World
    "Ω =∞x∞^∞" - Wayne Teasdale
    • Post Points: 5
    • Report abuse
View as RSS news feed in XML
 © Integral Institute, 2024. all rights reserved - powered by enlight™ email this page del.icio.us | terms of service | privacy policy | suggestion box | help