Multiplex: What's New | Site Map | Community | News My Multiplex Account | Sign In 
in Search

third way politics

Last post 07-28-2008, 1:04 PM by innerline. 26 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (27 items)   1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  05-26-2008, 11:35 AM 52949

third way politics

in the current feature on integral third way politics .. which includes the left and right

what did ken mean when he said all of it fell apart with a cigar ?

(regarding bill clinton's "responsibility & opportunity" attempt at the third way)

• Post Points: 80
    • Report abuse
  •  05-26-2008, 12:24 PM 52958 in reply to 52949

Re: third way politics

Hi, ff.  I believe the reference was to an incident in Bill's dalliance with Monica.  His "intern problem" led to the impeachment proceedings which led to Al Gore's distancing himself from Clinton which led to... (well you know the rest).  The result:  no integrally informed leader for the US.

As an side: I really appreciated the intro material for this week's topic.  Corey, do we have you to thank for that?  I'm putting it in my reference file as well as circulating it.
    • Post Points: 35
    • Report abuse
  •  05-26-2008, 1:54 PM 52992 in reply to 52958

Hey Bernadette - yeah that was my writeup, and thank you so much for the feedback--it is very helpful to know people are actually reading these things...!  As i think i've already mentioned, there is a tremendous naked vulnerability in publishing my writing to the site every week, and it really helps to know that my ramblings are somehow creating value for someone, somewhere.  So thank you!

Also, thank you for circulating the page--i hope everyone has noticed that the video and audio are being made available for free to non-subscribers, and there is even a convenient "send this page to a friend" email link at the bottom of the page.  Fulfill your civic duty, and forward this video on!

I hope to get this video in front of as many people who truly need to see it as possible--i just registered for an account at DailyKOS, but i have to wait a week for approval before i can start a new blog.  Does anyone else here have an account over there?  Are there any other places you would like to see this video posted?

Corey W. deVos (dj rekluse)
    Brand Manager, Integral Naked
    Audio Manager, Integral Institute
    Managing Editor, KenWilber.com
  •  05-26-2008, 3:00 PM 53000 in reply to 52992

Here are a couple of suggestions, Corey:  email it to Josh Marshall (et al) at the blog Talking Points Memo via talk@talkingpointsmemo.com and Kevin Drum at Political Animal (a Washington Monthly blog) via calpundit@cox.net.

Meanwhile,  I'll continue to fulfill my civic duty by forwarding it. (Insert American flag "smiley" here.)
    • Post Points: 5
    • Report abuse
  •  05-26-2008, 4:59 PM 53021 in reply to 52949

FairyFaye:

Imagine a nubile young woman in a blue dress in the White House, there is a cigar, Cuban perhaps, ... and ashes ashes we all fall down!

• Post Points: 20
    • Report abuse
  •  05-26-2008, 8:57 PM 53048 in reply to 53021

oh THAT cigar !

well how long can the wake of a blow job keep eros from emerging ?

• Report abuse
  •  05-26-2008, 9:34 PM 53056 in reply to 52949

fairy faye:   Tell me you were not playing.   To see who would give the answer.  How funny that schalk gave one answer - sort of dancing around it and then you just lay it all out there in plain English.

And corey, believe it.  People are actuallly reading your things.   There is so much I have wanted to respond to and your blogs are in the list.   I have just had to lay off.

Your" ramblings" are creating value for me and I am sure for others.   I was very grateful to get your news of the new HOLON.  I would have not liked it if I didn't know about that  pronto, and now you are the only one who makes me feel there is some connection somewhere.  Robb comes around occasionally and all that is appreciated, at least by me.   I am very serious about the connection part.   I feel that much more with HOLONS than here but do understand.   I am glad BernadetteM  posted.    I thought you would try and explain to fairy faye an answer to her question and wonder why you did not.   I bet you could write a song about that.    And I am impressed that you still wonder after you write.  Sometimes, I just cringe after I make some response that is just way out there and just have to eat humble pie and keep on going.  It is nice that you wonder since you are getting more famous all the time.

Continued success in all you are doing.    Pattye

• Report abuse
  •  05-26-2008, 9:52 PM 53063 in reply to 53056

pattye .. i honestly thought ken was tallking about something else until bernadette clarified

i recall u calling me ugly at some point and wonder if this is more of same ?

corey keep doin' what you're doin' we all appreciate it

• Report abuse
  •  05-27-2008, 12:51 AM 53079 in reply to 52992

Hey Corey,
    a quick point now (& more later on the discussion when I have more time):
    You describe 7 different levels (Red through to Turquoise); I think this is very useful especially for those readers who are not familiar with the work. In these descriptions the unhealthy form is only referred to in the context of green, surely each level has a healthy and an unhealthy form?
    can understand why green gets special attention here; perhaps it is because many of us are (or have been) on the cusp of 2nd tier but I think it would be useful (& balanced) to distinguish the healthy and unhealthy forms of each level.
    I am curious as to what manifests the unhealthy form of any level. I suspect that one of the factors is the failure to include when transcending (ie. transcend and exclude!). I'd be interested in others comments on this.
    • Report abuse
  •  05-27-2008, 8:44 AM 53112 in reply to 53063

fairy faye:   I have never in my life called anyone "ugly".   I am stunned.  I was just having some fun with you.   It made me smile that you were not sure and then I thought you might be having some fun.   It was totally clear that you had forgotten in your last quote.   No, never called you ugly at any time.  In fact it was just the opposite of that.  This is a real bummer.   Pattye
    • Report abuse
  •  05-27-2008, 9:19 AM 53118 in reply to 53112

hi pattye .. began to doubt my memory so searched the words ugly and pattye and it came up

u are correct u did not call "me" ugly just my "perspective"

gawd how residues of the past can affect present interpretations !!

my apologies .. i see your playfulness now

• Report abuse
  •  05-27-2008, 9:32 AM 53121 in reply to 52949

I would not expect some one who was not a US citizen or resident to "get" that quip.

I don't get all of the jokes on The Economist podcasts and BBC comedies.

Mark E.
    • Report abuse
  •  05-27-2008, 10:02 AM 53124 in reply to 53121

O come on everybody knows what that 'oral office' was about. It was in the newspapers and gossip magazines all over the world! It eventually became literature (see Phillip Roth: The human stain).

Btw What I really liked about this week's dialogue was Ken's differentiation of the Left as exteriorist and the Right as interiorists. This really makes sense to me. I'm still trying to figure out what to do with this insight...

love: witz
    • Report abuse
  •  05-27-2008, 12:02 PM 53139 in reply to 52992

Corey, I read it too and it  got me to sit down and listen to Ken's audio in that moment instead of rushing off and putting it on an endless "to do" list.  It grabbed me because you put into words what i have been yearning for in this country for a long time.

It re-affirmed my committment to Integral for its exquisite clarity. 

Can we forward it to Congress? 

• Report abuse
  •  05-27-2008, 12:39 PM 53147 in reply to 53048

LOL!
    • Report abuse
Page 1 of 2 (27 items)   1 2 Next >
View as RSS news feed in XML
 © Integral Institute, 2024. all rights reserved - powered by enlight™ email this page del.icio.us | terms of service | privacy policy | suggestion box | help