Multiplex: What's New | Site Map | Community | News My Multiplex Account | Sign In 
in Search

Gateway Time Out

Last post 09-13-2006, 11:38 PM by DougT. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  09-07-2006, 5:17 PM 7162

Gateway Time Out

Who hasn't had this insanely annoying thing happen: you are sure your post didn't take long enough to write that you'd be logged out, so you hit the send button without copying it. But you get the dreaded "gateway time out" screen, which is really just programmer-ese for "our server fucked up." You think you've lost your post, since the text is gone.

Not so!

Hit the back button, then hit the forward button, which will give you a dialog box about reposting your data. Say "yes" to that, and it will actually post your, um, post for the first time, since the first time you tried it didn't actually post but gave you the error message.

Liz

Upgrade to ISC!
    http://integralinstitute.org/public/static/multispirit.aspx
    http://pods.zaadz.com/ii
  •  09-08-2006, 9:47 PM 7369 in reply to 7162

• DougT is not online. Last active: 12-03-2007, 4:26 PM DougT
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-27-2006
    • Manitoba, Canada
    • Posts 32
    • Points 520

Re: Gateway Time Out

Thanks for this TamGoddess....  I've been lucky enough to always have copied my post into my word processor (to check and correct my horrendous spelling) and never actually lost my posting.  But I would have been very upset had it all disappeared into cyber-emptiness and I didn't have the copy to cut and paste... 

The relativity of reality does not negate the realness of each reality (and it's contents) at that level of reality....
  •  09-09-2006, 8:06 AM 7389 in reply to 7369

i dont copy/paste notn' and don't want to know how to do that! i have enuf problems as it is:(

what i do now is keep add-type-posting in bits and pices by the editing process-button.

•  09-13-2006, 11:38 PM 7777 in reply to 7389

• DougT is not online. Last active: 12-03-2007, 4:26 PM DougT
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-27-2006
    • Manitoba, Canada
    • Posts 32
    • Points 520

That's a great idea Helene.  Thanks for sharing it....

Doug T

P.S.  Learning how to cut and paste generally saves time and energy and key strokes...  Shouldn't add to your problems at all... (;-)) Take care

The relativity of reality does not negate the realness of each reality (and it's contents) at that level of reality....
View as RSS news feed in XML
 © Integral Institute, 2024. all rights reserved - powered by enlight™ email this page del.icio.us | terms of service | privacy policy | suggestion box | help