Multiplex: What's New | Site Map | Community | News My Multiplex Account | Sign In 
in Search

New Guest Ideas

Last post 10-01-2006, 3:35 PM by Fangsz. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  09-28-2006, 3:00 PM 9733

New Guest Ideas

The description of this section of the forums mentions suggestions for new guests.  I don't know what the process of getting someone to be a guest on Integral Naked is involved, or how helpful individual guest suggestions really are, but since it's listed in the description of the forum section I thought I'd get the ball rolling with a few ideas.

I saw that Adastra mentioned that Bill Clinton would be a good guest on a thread about his response to the media attacks he's been getting recently:

http://multiplex.integralinstitute.org/Public/cs/forums/thread/9415.aspx

Personally, I like that idea.

Also, I'd like to, for now, mention one guest I would REALLY like to see on Integral Naked:

M. Night Shyamalan.  I'm not sure if he's familiar with Ken's work specifically, but I do think he's hit on some integral truths with his films, especially recently (though it's been more subtle than something like The Matrix Trilogy.  As an artist, I'd say he's one of the people I hold in highest esteem, second only to the Wachowski Brothers.  The fact is, film is a huge part of our society's reality, and M. Night Shyamalan is clearly a master of the medium.  Though the people who do the Holons newsletter identified Lady in the Water with a Magenta center of gravity, when I watched the movie, I saw a beautiful example of very profound torquoise-centered work.  I explain my reasons here:

http://multiplex.integralinstitute.org/Public/cs/forums/thread/9071.aspx

I think now more than ever is a good time to engage in a dialogue with M. Night Shyamalan.  Lady in the Water, which seems to be his most important work thus far, has been largely misinterpreted or ignored by media and viewers alike.  Part of the reason for that is the stilted bureaucracy of the industry that is a huge obstacle to any kind of depth within the medium.  I beleive film is very close to it's pennacle of influence in the Western world, and that position of influence will soon be taken by new mediums, just as film has overshadowed (but not replaced) novels.  Now is the most important time to have truely deep, enriching films, and wherever there's depth, it seems, viewers and critics refuse to engage.  The way M. Night envisioned and filmed Lady in the Water is a pretty fascinating story, and I think he's the one to talk to on this subject.  And as far as I know, the only other filmaker that's been an Integral Naked guest is Larry Wachowski (unless you count Michael Crichton, but he never really talked much about film).

I know I said I was only going to make one suggestion, but this just occured to me.  Another work that has shown, in my mind, the best of what the film medium has to offer is the tv show Lost, and from my experience, it seems like that show has had a very profound and spiritual effect on a lot of people.  Maybe we should talk to one of it's creators, J.J. Abrams and/or Damon Lindelof.

• Post Points: 5
    • Report abuse
  •  10-01-2006, 3:35 PM 9980 in reply to 9733

Re: New Guest Ideas

Here's another idea, Ubisoft video game producer Jade Raymond.  In movies, producer implies someone who's job has more to do with the practical aspects of production rather than the actual art, but video games are such a collaborative medium by nature that anyone in any position of game development can act as the "visionary" for a game's storytelling.  Jade Raymond seems to be the official development voice for an upcoming next-generation video game called Assassin's Creed that poses some interesting questions for an integral consciousness:

"Assassin’s Creed is the next-gen game developed by Ubisoft Montreal that will redefine the action genre. While other games claim to be next-gen with impressive graphics and physics, Assassin’s Creed merges technology, game design, theme, and emotions into a world where you instigate chaos and become a vulnerable, yet powerful, agent of change.

The setting is 1191 AD. The Third Crusade is tearing the Holy Land apart. You, Altair, intend to stop the hostilities by suppressing both sides of the conflict.

You are an Assassin, a warrior shrouded in secrecy and feared for your ruthlessness. Your actions can throw your immediate environment into chaos, and your existence will shape events during this pivotal moment in history."

http://www.ubi.com/US/Games/Info.aspx?pId=4474

There's apparently some sort of conspiracy theory aspect to this game, and it seems like it delves into some of the same issues as ever-popular novel The Da Vinci Code, but likely with much more subtly, style, and possibly centered at a higher altitude of conciousness.  Actually, I think it could be one of the first truely integral video games (though I think The Path of Neo, released little while ago, is probably an integral video game, as well).  An integral naked conversation with Jade Raymond could serve to dispell two myths about video games: 1. They are all about Red and Magenta fantasies or Amber rules and 2. Women aren't involved in video game development.

• Post Points: 5
    • Report abuse
View as RSS news feed in XML
 © Integral Institute, 2024. all rights reserved - powered by enlight™ email this page del.icio.us | terms of service | privacy policy | suggestion box | help