Multiplex: What's New | Site Map | Community | News My Multiplex Account | Sign In 
in Search

Update on Ken's Health

Last post 12-27-2006, 6:01 PM by Castel. 168 replies.
Page 8 of 12 (169 items)   « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  12-09-2006, 2:26 PM 16211 in reply to 16201

Re: Ken's Health

balder:
    I have been feeling so sad these past few days, so worried for his health, but yesterday evening had a dream about being in an ancient Indian cave, chanting a chant that went to the depths of the Earth and the depths of the heart, and woke this morning with a renewed feeling of hope and life.

All of that living current of Spirit, I dedicate for the welfare of Ken, and of all sentient beings in need.

Coming from you, that has power. It moved me to tears, first thing in the morning.

So much love here
    • Post Points: 5
    • Report abuse
  •  12-09-2006, 2:44 PM 16212 in reply to 16201

balder:

Thank you so much, Nomali, for keeping us up to date. 

I have been feeling so sad these past few days, so worried for his health, but yesterday evening had a dream about being in an ancient Indian cave, chanting a chant that went to the depths of the Earth and the depths of the heart, and woke this morning with a renewed feeling of hope and life.

All of that living current of Spirit, I dedicate for the welfare of Ken, and of all sentient beings in need.

I had a dream too that I took to mean some kind of wonderful connection with this community, and likewise, I awoke with just the most wonderful feelings!-hope, life, promise, happiness. I think this should be taken as a good sign, no? What a gift!

Like Bruce, I dedicate all of that to your welfare Ken, and to those around you at this time. . . (and yet somehow I feel like it was still you generating all of that Spirit life and hope in the first place. . . for all of us!)

Shoot, now I'm gonna cry too, . . .

Celebrate Big Heart! Ken you are so loved!

"With whom or with what are you in communion at this moment?"
    . . ."I?" he replied, almost mechanically. "Why not with anyone or anything."
    "You must be a marvel . . . if you are able to continue in that state for long."
    -Constantin Stanislavsky
    • Report abuse
  •  12-10-2006, 8:16 AM 16273 in reply to 16206

There's still no update on the blog and nothing here for close to 18 hours, I'm getting worried again.

There are a couple 1000 people in the virtual hospital lobby here who are axiously waiting for any news at all, you know how it is when a loved one is in the ICU and you are stuck in the lobby and would love to know what's going on, time seems to slow to a crawl, I've been there...

Mark
    • Report abuse
  •  12-10-2006, 8:25 AM 16274 in reply to 16273

Never mind, spoke to soon..... I just saw this on an email list  Big Smile [:D]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Dear Friends,

Ken was taking a prescription medicine known to cause seizures.  He had one.  Don’t worry, he will be completely fine.  Sadly, he cannot have visitors, because they’re keeping him for a week in the hospital for dialysis.  He sends all of you his love and he says, “Enjoy the vacation, I’m coming back!”

Colin
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Post Points: 35
    • Report abuse
  •  12-10-2006, 8:47 AM 16275 in reply to 16274

• Paulfonzo is not online. Last active: 08-28-2008, 8:38 PM Paulfonzo
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-23-2006
    • Castaic, California
    • Posts 9
    • Points 105

Finally some good news! Feel better one and all!

Now about that vacation I didn't really want...

Check out the latest:

Integral Conscious Creation
    • Report abuse
  •  12-10-2006, 9:04 AM 16276 in reply to 16274

mrksteele:
    Never mind, spoke to soon..... I just saw this on an email list  Big Smile [:D]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Dear Friends,

Ken was taking a prescription medicine known to cause seizures.  He had one.  Don’t worry, he will be completely fine.  Sadly, he cannot have visitors, because they’re keeping him for a week in the hospital for dialysis.  He sends all of you his love and he says, “Enjoy the vacation, I’m coming back!”

Colin
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AH, HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!! We should have known the vacation wouldn't last!

Hallelujah!

"You must be a marvel . . . if you are able to continue in that state for long."
    -Constantin Stanislavsky
    • Post Points: 20
    • Report abuse
  •  12-10-2006, 9:54 AM 16279 in reply to 16276

• perera is not online. Last active: 11-03-2007, 6:59 PM perera
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-09-2006
    • Boulder, CO and Colombo, Sri Lanka
    • Posts 625
    • Points 188,700

Aha! So, Mark was on some inside II email list. hmmm....  ,-)

Yep, we got this email yesterday and we are bracing ourselves. You will not hear from me much today because today, i am finally going to devote most of the day to school. And i don't feel too bad because we are certain that Ken is on his way. Should some more news comes my way, i will definitely let you all know Smile [:)]

Phew! good to smile again.

Once again, on behalf of II and ISC, i cannot ever thank you all enough for the love and concern that still pours in through email, candles and blogs, etc.

I love you All! If i were anywhere near you, i'd be planting kisses on each of you! There is SO much Love it hurts!!!  Right Hug [}]

Big Love

Nomali

~Save the Earth- it's the only planet with Chocolate.

• Post Points: 35
    • Report abuse
  •  12-10-2006, 10:11 AM 16280 in reply to 16279

> Aha! So, Mark was on some inside II email list. hmmm....

lol, in my dreams...

No, I got it from the seattleintegral email list...

Mark

• Report abuse
  •  12-10-2006, 10:56 AM 16281 in reply to 16279

Wild conjecture, feel free to scorn it:

I and several people I know have been in a hugely deep funk for reasons seemingly unrelated to Ken's ill health. (It started before I even knew he was in the hospital) Did our causal body undergo some huge depression because Ken's consciousness or energy was somehow unavailable to us?

Who knows? I'm off to light a candle of thankfulness that he is still with us. And I'll reiterate what I wrote on one of the candles I lit for Ken:

No more lessons on impermanence for now, ok, Ken? My nerves are bloody well shot.

Big fat squeezy hugs to everyone.

Liz

Upgrade to ISC!
    http://integralinstitute.org/public/static/multispirit.aspx
    http://pods.gaia.com/ii
    • Report abuse
  •  12-10-2006, 1:27 PM 16287 in reply to 16280

I've been silently watching these emails.... Yesterday I was talking to my son about it and said, damn it, Ken shouldn't die right now - I'm not sure II is stable enough yet to make it without him. Maybe it is, but I wonder. Anyway, I'm sure sometimes it would be easier to just let go and move on to the next phase of existance... Thank you, Ken, for not doing so. And thank you to everyone else for sending him love and strength. Love & light. -Annie

The power of private citizens to do public good is greater [now] than at any time in history. - Bill Clinton, 2024
    • Report abuse
  •  12-10-2006, 2:21 PM 16290 in reply to 16287

Geeked [8-|] Re: Ken's Health

I've been silent too - almost holding my breath.  I was able to light candles for Ken per Nomali's suggestion but, until I heard of the improvement of his condition, I could not write.  Now I am relieved for MY sake, for Ken's sake, and as you mention, Annie, certainly for II's sake.

May he soon return to his usual pace of writing faster than I can read.  And if any changes are in the works, may they all be from our highest selves and in the spirit of Timelody's entreaty.

-MarkD   

Just enough enlightenment for this time around, please.
    • Report abuse
  •  12-10-2006, 2:57 PM 16291 in reply to 16290

• Johno is not online. Last active: 10-06-2008, 4:23 AM Johno
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-16-2006
    • Posts 20
    • Points 250

I'm so pleased and thankful that the news keeps getting better about Ken. Lat night I returned from a Christian Mediation retreat at a Benedictine monastery at which he wa very much in my thoughts and prayers. I've just has a couple of good heart-opening crying episodes of love, relief and thankfulness.

It's taken a scare like this to make me realise how much I love the guy and how much he means to all of us. I'll be less inhibited from now on in owning my love for Ken and  the wonderful integral community. I really appreciate all the messages of love, concern, wisdom and compassion, extending out also to other sentient beings.I'm sure we all know relatives and friends in hospital and their waiting loved ones  to whom we can extend this healing love and compassion.

Today's " A Course In Miracles" lesson is very apt:

'I offer only miracles today

For I would have them be returned to me"

As swift and full a recovery as possible, Ken, old mate.

love and peace to Ken and all.

John

• Report abuse
  •  12-10-2006, 5:10 PM 16299 in reply to 16281

tamgoddess:
    Wild conjecture, feel free to scorn it:

I and several people I know have been in a hugely deep funk for reasons seemingly unrelated to Ken's ill health. (It started before I even knew he was in the hospital) Did our causal body undergo some huge depression because Ken's consciousness or energy was somehow unavailable to us?

Who knows?

Liz

Liz, I started a thread on this becasue I think it is a subject worth exploring -and too complicated to go into here.

Tim

-Constantin Stanislavsky
    • Report abuse
  •  12-10-2006, 6:43 PM 16304 in reply to 16299

I don't scorn what you have been contemplating at all!. 

For a while my imagination pictured two Giants above my head warring to the death, with a noise as loud and distressing as crunching tectonic plates.  It scared me and made me feel very small as I tried consciously to turn down the violent noise overhead. 

I've seen Ken in such intense pain both in Denver and NYC that he was nauseated, yet his philosophy was that he owes us a role model who continues to manifest in spite of gross bodily agony.  What  happened recently at I-I surely was worse than his 2 recent falls, and must have been some terrible drain on his multiple bodies.  The cumulative effect of his painful injuries along with this emotional injury......well, I cannot imagine handling any of it, much less having rebounded prior to this episode with energy, direction, and joy.

I know he is seeking a new, permanent CEO for I-I, and I dearly hope that such a person is found quickly, who can take over so that Ken can recoup all of his energy and stamina, can re-energize I-I and assist it on its course, and can finish those 6-7 books that are in process.

I am also thankful for those who have "come out of the closet" with their deep love for Ken.  I've "gone public" with the depth of what I feel for this soul numerous times, here and on his blog.  I've never had a spiritual teacher in my life, and he has certainly not offered to function as one, but the strong transmissions that I get from him, through his writing as well as his physical presence cannot be denied as wondrous gifts. 

I am so glad that so many have come forward when the world seemed to be approaching a time without a Ken Wilber in it.  I, as well, felt so bereft....so diminished....it seemed unfathomable that this person who had done so much to "rewire my brain" since the 1980s, and who turned into an agent of my own transformation, should cease to exist in this realm.  That time shall indeed come some day, but not now...not now...not yet.....

What do I plan to do during this time of his recouperation?  To take the gifts I have received, to take the energy with which I have been blessed, to live as embodied an Integral life as I am capable of at this moment,  to embrace as much and as many as I can with love, and to reach out in a tangible way to all of you who wish to feel more closely aligned to this Integral community that so many want.

As Colin indicated, Ken is in all of us, all of YOU are within me, and I want to ease the pain of any of you who feel alone, isolated, or estranged from this coalescing Integral community.

Bless Ken, bless all who are in pain,

Lynne

• Report abuse
  •  12-11-2006, 5:30 AM 16320 in reply to 16304

Such beautiful posts, one and all.  Thank you for articulating some of the feelings that I have also been having, but have been unable to put into words.  I have not even been able to share with friends the depth of my emotional pain, and was even questioning it in myself.  I don't "know" Ken--how could this tear me up so.  Reading all your posts, knowing that I wasn't alone, was such a big help.  I have also been lighting candles--the wonderful practice that Nomali (who must be one of the sweetest spirits on this planet) turned us on to.  Like Lynne, I have decided to rededicate myself and:        

" take the gifts I have received, to take the energy with which I have been blessed, to live as embodied an Integral life as I am capable of at this moment,  to embrace as much and as many as I can with love"

Love and blessings,

Chris

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it
    • Report abuse
Page 8 of 12 (169 items)   « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10 Next > ... Last »
View as RSS news feed in XML
 © Integral Institute, 2024. all rights reserved - powered by enlight™ email this page del.icio.us | terms of service | privacy policy | suggestion box | help